KC Motorgroup Ltd. (KCMG) is an international motorsport services group established in 2007 by Paul Ip. The group, with its headquarters located in Hong Kong, has operations reaching across the Asia Pacific region and Europe. KCMG operates closely with many partner companies and racing organizations around the world to provide unrivalled Motorsport Services, Equipment, Team Management and quality distributorship in the Automotive Industry.
KC MOTORGROUP (HK) LTD. MILESTONES:
- First Chinese team racing in the full championship of FIA World Endurance Championship (WEC)
- Champion of LMP2 class of WEC 6 Hours of America (First Chinese team winning in LMP2 class of WEC)
- Champion of LMP2 class of WEC 6 Hours of Bahrain
- Team Champion and Driver Champion of 2014 Formula Masters China Series (FMCS)
- Made a mark in motorsport history by becoming the first ever Chinese team to compete in the FIA World Endurance Championship (WEC) and prominently in the celebrated 24 Hours of Le Mans in France.
- Participated in the 6 Hours of Silverstone in April, the first event of WEC, just two months after being granted entry by the Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile and the Automobile Club de l’Ouest.
- Continued their campaign in prototype racing and participated in the WEC 6 Hours of Fuji in October.
- KCMG enters the Asian Le Mans Series; winning two out of four races and finished second overall at the end of the season.
- KCMG continues to compete in Super Formula and participated in some races in Japanese Formula 3.
- KCMG enters Formula Masters China Series (FMCS) and wrapped up its maiden season in top three.
- KCMG continues its partnership with Cebu Pacific Air by becoming the team’s title sponsor in FMCS. The team ended the season with a dominating win in the Formula Masters Macau Challenge during the Macau Grand Prix.
- KCMG becomes official dealer of world’s leading auto parts and accessory manufacturer, Sparco.
- KCMG collaborates with Hankook to support Macau Touring Car Series and presented the Hankook Trophy by KCMG.
- Affiliation between Hankook and Super Taiwan Touring Car Championship 2012.
- KCMG enters Formula Pilota China 2012.
- KCMG continues to compete in Formula Nippon And Japanese Formula 3.
- KCMG inaugurates its new office in Hong Kong.
- KCMG joins JAF Grand Prix to compete in Fuji Sprint Cup.
- KCMG collaborates with Puff Nation Apparels to compete in Macau Formula 3 Grand Prix.
- KCMG performs the race-car conversion of twenty-two Peugeot 307 Touring Cars for participation in the newly-established Genghis Khan series to be held in 2012 at the Ordos International Circuit in Inner Mongolia, China.
- KCMG provided two Formula One race cars for the Taiwan Penbay International Race Circuit Launch Ceremony on October 9th.
- KCMG becomes the exclusive distributor for all Hankook Competition Tires in China, Hong Kong and Macau.
- KCMG continues its collaboration with SG Changi Pte Ltd. in Japan for participation in Formula Nippon.
- Partnership with SG Changi Pte Ltd. to develop their Super GT-300 race team.
- KCMG became the exclusive distributor for Hankook Competition Tires for use in all HKAA-sponsored Hongkong Touring Car Championship races from 2010 to 2012.
- KCMG entered in the Sichuan Touring Car Elite (STCE) series.
- KCMG became a certified Works Team for the Toyota Motor Corporation’s Formula Nippon racing series.
- Organization of the sponsors for the Yan Chai China Track Day at the Zhuhai International Circuit.
- KCMG continues to compete at the Macau Formula 3 Grand Prix in cooperation with Toda Racing
- KCMG enters a race team in the China Touring Car Championship (CTCC) series.
- KCMG became one of the largest formula racing teams in Japan, competing in both the Formula Nippon and Japan Formula 3 series.
- Mr. Paul Ip (Managing Director) served as an official Race Commentator for TVB during their television broadcast of the Macau GP.
- KCMG acquired the exclusive distribution rights from Project Mu (Japan) to sell their competition braking system products in China, Hong Kong and Macau.
- In coordination with Kolles & Heinz Union, KCMG entered a car in the Macau Formula 3 Grand Prix series.
- KCMG entered a car in the Clio Cup China Series (CCCS)
- In coordination with the Achievement Group of Japan, KCMG entered a team of two cars in the Japanese Formula 3.
- KCMG completed the construction of a state-of-the-art automotive tuning and services facility in Chengdu, China. In addition to automotive tuning, repair and equipment, we also provided Driver Training and Racing Team Management Services.
- KCMG became one of the six HKAA-certified Motorsports Training Schools in Hong Kong.
- KCMG competed in the Pan Delta Super Racing Festival.
- Radical Motorsport (HK) Ltd (a subsidiary of KCMG) also helped to organize and promote the Radical Cup in China, an FIA-recognized racing championship.
- Radical Motorsport (HK) Ltd. was established by KCMG to be the exclusive distributor of Radical Sportscars in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Macau.
- The PTRS Race Team (a subsidiary of KCMG) started competing in Formula 3 Macau Grand Prix in collaboration with Ombra.
- KC Motorgroup Ltd. (HK) was then established to oversee PTRS as well as develop and support all new racing projects for the wider Asia-Pacific region.
- With the establishment of the Ping Tzuo Racing Spirit Ltd. in Hong Kong by Paul Ip, formula teams were entered in the Asian Formula 3 as well as the Japanese Formula 3, with both teams securing runner-up positions in their first season.
- PTRS also competed in the Hongkong Touring Car Championship (HTCC).